Ahh, Engadget, it's been too long since I've visited you...

My cat, and many (if not all) of the numerous other cats I have encountered, would go bananas for this. But I can't help but feel it seems a tad unnecessary...


"Cat Faucet solves elusive cat drinking from sink issue, we sigh in relief



Cats like to drink from everywhere but the places they're supposed to drink from, and for that they offer no excuses, reasons, and just walk away, tails in the air. This independent spirit, though, means that we're often stuck turning faucets on and off for thirsty felines because heaven forbid they drink from a dish. One crafty soul has solved this gripping conundrum with an IR detector, valves, some plastic tubing, and a whole lot of moxie. The detector can even suss out if the subject is human or feline in order to keep the faucet from triggering every time someone walks by. Our test subjects won't comment on the new tech, but they've stopped complaining and have become extremely athletic and hydrated super-cats of doom. Still reading? Peep the video after the break of hot kitty drinking action.




"



Okay. Come on. My cat loves the bathroom faucet, but I'm not going to go rig up or purchase some special contraption to attach to my plumbing just so she can spend all day wasting water. She has a bowl of fresh water changed multiple times a day, for crying out loud.



I love my cat as much as the next person. Although Stella is still a little too bite-happy for my nerves, she's the 'person' who greets me every day when I come home from work, sits and watches movies with me, always wants to be in the same room with me, lends me her moral support when I have to clean the bathroom or kitchen, makes me laugh when she decides she wants to play fetch.....



...........



...............



So, uh..........


How do I get one of those things....?