(Warning: Geek Post)

I found out about The Running of Da Bulls from a WoW blog that I enjoy very much, Big Red Kitty.

"A running of the bulls! That’s our idea. 10,000 level one Taurens barreling… somewhere. And facing terrible… things. Culminating in a fabulous ending… somewhere else."

This sounds like a fantastic idea to me! 10,000 Taurens running across Azeroth? Yes please! I'm in! Even more so, since BRK recently lost a friend, the Running will be dedicated to her memory. And I think that's a wonderful thing. What better tribute?

If your interested in participating and adding to the vast (hopefully) numbers, the details can be found here, including a route map and basic ground rules.

Or, a brief synopsis:

"Saturday, May 3rd, 2008! 7pm EDT (11pm GMT) on Cenarian Circle server. Not server time, look closely. 7pm Eastern Daylight Time. Make adjustments for your time zone as required."

And now I'm pleased to announce that Harpy*, my baby troll shaman, dinged 30 yesterday! YAY!

I've learned a few things playing my shammy:

1. The addon TotemTimers is AMAZING. However, when first getting used to this addon and the new totem interface that it gives you, it might not be such a good idea to move your totems out of their accustomed places in the action bars right away. Because you might find yourself fleeing from three or four mobs, and you might want to lay down an Earthbind Totem so you can go Ghost Wolf and get the hell out of there, and you might not be able to find it in time. Resulting, ultimately, in death. Not that I would know from experience, or anything. >_>

2. Enhancement shamans are AWESOME. When I first started the shammy I wasn't entirely sure I was going to enjoy playing one period, but not only am I enjoying the shaman, I haven't felt the urge to change specs once. Harpy is officially off her probationary period, and can look forward to seeing Outlands.

3. Shaman class quests are VERY ANNOYING. I realize that Ghost Wolf increases our movement speed by 40%, but I don't think that means that we should have to run all over hell and creation for our totems. >_< 4. Anhks are expensive, and make me glad that Guild Leader friend is giving me a weekly allowance and running me through lots of instances while I level. O_O

That's it for now. I have some fun screen shots to post, but I think I'll wait for a while. I don't want to overload the blog with WoW. ^_^

BUT! BUT! Running of Da Bulls! Do it!!! ^_^

*Armory is still showing her at 28 for some reason, but I'm definitely 30. Windfury Weapon FTW!