Having worked in a real estate office for almost seven years, I've seen a lot of houses go on the market. Out of all the houses that my office has listed, there has been maybe three or four that I've walked into to photograph them, and said to myself, if I had the money I would buy this house in a SECOND. I see a lot of houses that I could live in and be happy with, but only those very few that have really "spoken" to me.

The houses I've fallen in love with aren't the high end multi million dollar homes with stunning views and hundreds of feet of waterfront. They aren't even the $500k homes with a view or tons of acreage. They're in the $200k range, and some have new appliances, fresh paint, etc, but mostly they're just really, really neat.

The house I went and photographed today was one of those houses that inspired love at first sight. The exterior and location were great. Close to town, but set back in the woods on a little over two and a half acres. Surrounded on three sides with trees but with a huge, beautifully landscaped front yard. Neighbors that were close, but screened off by the trees. Charming front porch. Then I went inside and saw the gorgeous older softwood floors, the open floor plan, the wood ceilings, and the huge master bedroom.

The house is smallish, around 1100 square feet, and it has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. BUT it's on a three bedroom drainfield, so it would be easy to get the permits to expand and put in another bedroom.

Maybe instead of an Alienware Fund I need a House Downpayment Fund.

I am going to be SO SAD when that house sells. I tried to talk my boss into buying it and renting it to me, but for some reason she didn't seem all that interested in the idea....

Oh well. Maybe I'll buy a lotto ticket. Because you just never know. ^_^