Juno, one of my all time favorite movies (and this is coming from a person whose preferred genre is mindless action or horror), came out on DVD yesterday, so clearly I needed to go out and buy it. I forgot to do this until after 9PM, when most of the stores around here are closed, so I decided to try my luck with the local video rental place, which occasionally has new releases available for purchase.



Not only did I find Juno, I also found:




























And yes, the title of that movie IS Apocalypse & the Beauty Queen.


And the synopsis from the official website:


"The story revolves around Amber:a bitter model who leaves New Yorkafter being rejected by the fashion world at the terribly old age of 26.Soon after returning to her small Midwestern Hometown, unforeseencircumstances leave the country in ruins. As chaos reigns, her aggressivebig city ways keep her alive and safe. She organizes and leads the localson looting raids acquiring a large stockpile of guns, ammo and food.Supplying them with food and security she soon has many loyalfollowers. In time, Amber becomes the self appointed Queen of the county.Of course, all that power begins to corrupt her very soul. She easily fallsunder the infulence of a trusted, but wicked friend who guides her tohappiness by mistreating her subjects, especially the beautiful onesBut Queen Ambers' twisted reign is cut short when a trusted guard fallsin love with one of her victims."


Allow me to explain how I came to purchase this gem.


I was wandering innocently through the store when I came across a rack of used DVDs that happened to be three for $10. I found The Core and Dark Water, neither of which were very good, but both were films that I enjoyed very much. I was looking for a third and couldn't find anything even halfway decent. I decided I was going to choose between an obscure, terrible action movie and an obscure, terrible ghost movie when I saw Apocalypse & the Beauty Queen.

It was instantly clear to me that this film would undoubtably provide much hilarity.


And so I came home with Juno, The Core, Dark Water..... and Apocalypse & the Beauty Queen. I haven't watched it yet, but don't worry, I'll be sure to let you know how it is. ^_^