(Warning: Geek Post)


I spent all weekend (and by all weekend I mean all weekend) sitting at home at my computer playing World of Warcraft. A friend of a friend is the leader of a fantastic guild on The Underbog, so my buddy Pat and I rolled new toons.

I hadn't been in the game for a while - I had been playing my 69 priest on Smolderthorn and I was frustrated and pretty sick of the game. I hadn't really done much (or any at all) BGing yet with my holy/disc priest (mainly just trying to get my ass to 70) but I heard that the battlegroup was no good. The guild I had been a member of forever was slowly fading from mediocrity to non-existent as more of our experienced 70s got tired of the lack of ambition and structure and joined more pro-active guilds. I was starting to worry about what was going to happen when I hit 70, especially how the hell I was going to raid when the guild couldn't even get a practice run through one of the old level 60 raids organized. I didn't really feel much like shopping around for a new guild, especially since although I know my class and I'm a bad ass healer in an instance, I have no raid experience.

/sigh

I was happy about rolling a new toon on Underbog, especially since we rolled horde. When Pat's friend set us up in his guild (and promoted us to "Friend" - yay!), I was blown away by the guild chat. Message of the day informed about the planned raids while five million (okay, slight exaggeration) friendly 70s all cheerfully and casually organizing Kara runs, premade BG groups, and heroics.

YES!
My experience with the game is going to rise to a whole new level (finally). Even though I've played off and on for approximately three years or so my playing has been relatively limited. It's exciting to actually see the opportunity to move forward and do something new.

Now just have to get my baby shaman to 70. ^_^ I think I'm going enhancement.

***

As a side note...

So... anyone who's ever played/seen WoW knows what a Tauren looks like.

I'm sitting in my back room last night with Pat, both of us playing WoW. Pat (who's been playing the game as long as I have) with his tauren druid, me with my troll shaman. We're heading towards Freewind Post in Thousand Needles, it's about one in the morning and I'm running on pure caffeine, and Pat suddenly looks over at me.
"So....." he says, a faintly bemused expression on his face, ".....Tauren are like cows."
It took a long moment of silence for my tired brain to comprehend what Pat had just said. Then it was a long time before I could stop laughing. ^_^
(After I had spent about five minutes laughing, Pat tried to protest that I hadn't let him finish his sentence. I laughed harder. ^_^)

**Edit**
And one more thing... This is a FANTASTIC post. Something to think about when you're playing an MMO.