Handful of Luvin
Saturday, 12/10
HEADLINING The Showbox (Seattle, WA)
All ages
Doors open at 6pm
$10 @ the door




Handful of Luvin is a local Seattle folk rock band. They are awesome. If you're at the Showbox tomorrow night, you WILL enjoy yourself. I promise. ^_^

Hear some of their music at: http://www.uberlabel.com/music/bands/64/
Handful of Luvin on Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/handfulofluvin
Handful of Luvin Fansite http://www.handfulofluvin.net
Handful of Luvin Official Site (still being worked on, but hopefully will be up soon) http://www.handfulofluvin.com





Here's a review of one of their shows that I wrote in October:

"Date: October 13th, 2005
Band(s): Sambusa//Handful of Luvin
Venue: El Corazon in Seattle

So, to continue the grand tradition of using this blog as a place to post concert reviews, let's talk about the show I went to last night, Handful of Luvin at El Corazon in Seattle.

I went with my buddy Dave and we got to El Corazon while the first band was playing. They sucked, so Dave and I went and hid in the bar until they were finished. Second band, Sambusa, was waaay better, and I left the bar to watch their set.

Handful of Luvin, third and final band, the band I came to see, was absolutely awesome. One thing I love about those guys is that when they're onstage you believe that they're exactly where they want to be, doing exactly what they want to do. They're excellent musicians playing damn good original music, and effortlessly maintaining for themselves and imparting to the crowd a huge amount of energy. Add to all of that absolutely awe-inspiring violin solos, and it really can't get much better.

One thing, for me anyway, that makes a good show is the crowd. There's nothing more painful than a group of people just standing around, unexcited, uncaring, indifferent to the music.

Handful of Luvin definitely does not have that problem.

The crowd at the show last night was crazy, the best kind of crowd, and through most of the show maintained something just short of a mosh pit that HOL dubbed the "Jig Pit" (.......). However, during a violin solo, a real mosh pit did break out for a minute or two, which I thought was hilarious. I didn't know it was possible to mosh to HOL. ^_^

So support the local band Handful of Luvin. Check out their websites that I've listed below, and go see them next time they play. I can't stress enough that they are amazing, I've seen them four times now. And I'm a metalhead saying that about a folk-rock band, so you know they're something special."