Call of the Cthulu: Dark Corners of the Earth-- Xbox survival horror FPS. Fun game!!! Usually I'm leery of buying games that I haven't read much about and haven't seen or played, but I was at GameCrazy, it was used and cheap, and I wanted a new game. ^_^ So there you have it.

I haven't played much of it, but from what I can tell it's pretty damn sweet. The graphics aren't as nice as they could be. From what I've read since I picked it up, the game has been in development for six years, which could explain that. The controls are smooth, and after I decreased the analog sensitivity it was perfect. I still can't aim, but I'm hoping that I'll get better with practice. ^_^



The environments are nicely done. In fact, the art direction period is really nice. Another nice thing about the game is that it feels completely cinematic. There are no health bars, ammmo counters, or anything on the screen while you're playing, enhancing the first-person feeling that you're looking through the main character's eyes.

Voice acting is well done, even the main character's voice. Although sometimes it doesn't quite fit. You'll have the neat sound effects of Jack's heart racing and short, scared breaths while in a creepy basement of some house, and then you'll examine a mutilated corpse on a gourney and suddenly he's cool, professional detective again. Not quite convincing me the way it's supposed to that Jack is losing his mind. ^_^

Sound effects are great, by the way. Very nice ambient effects.

And when you get hurt, damage is definitely reflected on your character.



Injuries not only include cuts, lacerations, gashes, gunshot wounds, etc. but also fractures. Which just sounds UBER painful. ^_^

All in all a fun game. I'm enjoying it. ^_^