I don't have a computer at my place, which makes it hard to play my favorite PC games. However, I did have an opportunity to play Guild Wars, my favorite MMORPG, the other day. I adventured with Nils, and we kicked lots of low level monster's asses! ^_^

Guild Wars is a great MMORPG. First and foremost because there are no monthly fees. O_O Amazing, I know. It's not as intricate or in depth as, say, EverQuest, but that's something else I like about it.






The character models are beautifully done. Exhibit A: My badass Necromancer/Ranger. ..... Well, she will be badass. When she makes it past level 8. ^_^ At least she looks cool!




All the classes (Warrior, Ranger, Monk, Elementalist, Necromancer, and Mesmer) are fun to play. The skill system is nicely laid out and easy to use. Gameplay is always smooth, and it's easy to work with a team. I also like the fact that you choose two classes-- your main class and your secondary class. ^_^ It's fun thinking about the different combinations. Even though I don't think a Necro/Ranger was a good idea, it was still fun to experiment with.

Another aspect of the game I think it really cool is the fact that every time to leave a hub, or a city, you get your own copy of the world map. The only PCs in your copy of the world map are you and whoever you teamed up with in the hub.

The graphics, not just the character models, are lovely. The environments are beautiful, and are fun to expore just for the graphics. Snowy mountains to underground catacombs, it's all amazing.

The following are screenshots that Nils took when we were playing a couple days ago. I was playing my necromancer, he was playing a mesmer.


Me. My big cat thing. And Nils. ^_^ In a very pretty area.



I think I was afk changing laundry around when this screen shot was taken. ^_^


And the last, greatest and best thing about Guild Wars:
The different dances for all the character classes and both genders. You know you want to see them all! XD