I was thinking back to my vacation to Boston in 2007 today and felt like sharing some memories.

The Houses


I swear to God every single house in Boston has a PERFECT YARD. I love houses, so I took a ton of house pictures while I was there. It was only later, after I was going through my photos, that I realized every single yard was impeccably manicured. I'm sure there must be unkempt lawns, but I certainly didn't see any.

The Public Gardens


The Boston Public Gardens are absolutely beautiful. My sister and I spent quite a bit of time wandering around the park.

The Bridges
Do I even need to say anything about this? Seattle sure as hell doesn't have anything this cool. The Space Needle? PFFFFT.

Harvard Yard

Or, as I was instructed later by my aunt, "Hah-vahd Yahd".

Harvard Museum of Natural History


Little sis Caroline and I went to the Museum of Fine Arts and the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in addition to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, but I have to confess that dinosaur bones can occasionally beat art as far as I'm concerned.

Provincetown


Such character! Normally I despise crowds, but even though Provincetown was filled absolutely to the max with people, I was totally relaxed. The diversity of the people and the stores that populated the downtown area was so rich and exciting.

Beaches

Yeah... I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life hanging out there.


Family






Caroline and I stayed with our aunt and uncle, and spent a lot of time with our cousins. Since we live across the country from each other we only get to see each other face to face every few years or so if we're lucky.

So the best part of the trip? Family.

Oh.

But I did see get to see Dropkick Murphys. In BOSTON. That might trump family.