It's Friday and I'm suffering from sleep deprivation at the tail end of a long week. I had a couple of ideas for a real post but couldn't seem to concentrate on writing any of them. Apparently I have the attention span of a gnat this morning. So instead of a post with actual content, we have Bits and Pieces!

  • Not all Unexpected Encounters are unpleasant. My neighbor Liz and her husband came over last night for snacks and conversation. They are absolutely lovely people, fun and friendly, and I am so grateful that Liz come over to introduce herself earlier this week. Plus, she kicks ass at Halo 3. I mean... my God. I didn't even know what hit me.

  • The new gym I joined is pretty slick. Small, sparsely populated, and full of everything I need. Perfect. I'll be setting up an appointment with a personal trainer next week sometime. I'm on my way to a sexy, sultry, muscular physique. Seriously though, I'm focused on training myself in discipline more than anything else right now. I need to stop saying "I'm just too tired, I'll work out tomorrow." If I can conquer my gym procrastination, I'll be well on my way to Rhona Mitra Badassness*.

  • I meet with my grandmother every payday to work out a budget and go over my finances (I'm profoundly grateful that she's willing to act as my financial advisor, 'cause God knows I need the help!). This payday I came within $0.50 of my planned budget. It feels absolutely incredible to be so on top of things. Go me!


    It's a skimpy Bits and Pieces posts, but I've got nothing else.

    Except...

    Happy Valentine's Day!


    funny pictures of cats with captions

  • *Silly spellcheck, of COURSE 'badassness' is a word!