I wasn't even sure what I was going to write about today, but I told myself STOP PLAYING WITH THE PHONE AND POST!


So naturally since I'm not allowing myself to play with it, I might as well post about it.

<------ this is my new phone.

It is amazing.

Now I loved my last phone. It's your basic Samsung slide phone with a great interface (and makes cheerful little noises when you push the buttons). It was hard to convince myself to give it up. But.... this phone... it's like alien technology. It still boggles my mind that in this day and age we can hold a slim piece of electronics, poke at it with a finger, and instantly have our email, instant messaging, a map, music, movie times, or our calendars miraculously appear before us.

Oh yeah. It can make calls, too.

I got this thing on Sunday and literally have yet to avoiding touching it for longer than five minutes. I'm pretty sure I was even reaching out to stroke it in my sleep.

What an amazing age we live in.

What I find even more amazing is that in just a few years the things I find so astonishing now will either be commonplace or obsolete, replaced by a new wave of technology that I can't even imagine.

I wish I could still be alive a hundred years from now, just to see what the future of technology actually brings us.