....but I'm posting again!

I decided this last weekend that I wanted to grow things. Nothing useful things and/or edible things like vegetables or jack-o-lantern pumpkins, but flowers. Since I rent one side of a duplex I didn't exactly have the freedom to dig around in the tiny yard, but I did get some pots from my parents and I picked up a few more at Home Depot. Along with bags of dirt. And can I just say how weird it feels to buy dirt? Yeah. Weird.

I now have 17 (I think) pots along my trellis fence and around my patio filled with MiracleGro dirt and little tiny flower seeds. And the exciting part is, I have absolutely no recollection of which seeds I put in which pots! It'll be interesting to see if anything actually grows - I manage to kill all houseplants that come through my door, and I've speculated that my touch is poison to vegetation. Plus I think the last time I actually put a seed in the dirt was when I was around 12. Yep, master gardener, right here.

Here's some of the stuff I planted (because I like looking at pictures of flowers ^_^):

Morning Glory. And I actually do know where I planted this, because I want it to climb my trellis that fences in my patio. If it actually works, it's going to be really pretty. ^_^




Snapdragons. Because honestly, who doesn't like snapdragons? I realized when I got home that I had picked up the dwarf version, so they'll be wee snapdragons, but (assuming they grow) they will still be very pretty. ^_^



Moss roses, also known as "portulaca" which I didn't know until I tried to search for them to find a picture and nothing appeared under "moss rose". See, I'm already learning things!




African daisies. I don't usually like daisies that much, but I loved the colors on the front of the seed packet.







Zinnias. Because my mom told me to. ^_^







Asters. Because I saw them and said to myself, "I actually know what these are!".



There was more, but that's all I can remember right now. This is going to be even more exciting than I thought - I can't even recall what I planted, much less where! O_o

OH!

I also planted my very favorite flower, bachelor buttons. ^_^



I mentioned to my mom that if I ever end up getting married, my bouquet will simply be a bunch of those flowers.

Which will be kind of ironic...