The Scene: Standing on my front porch with my friend Pat discussing various vigilante/revenge movies. We're talking about 'The Crow', a movie which (shamefully) Pat had never seen.

Me: You know, something that always kinda bugged me about that movie. Why was it that Brandon Lee's character that got to come back from the dead? It was his fiance who was raped and beaten to death, she had a lot more reason to be pissed. It's this whole, 'Man Avenge Woman' thing.

Pat: (nods decisively) As it should be.

Me: PFFT.

Pat: (teasingly) What? That's how it should be. Man protect woman. Hey, come here. (he pulls me away from the porch railing) See? I just protected you from that bee.

Me: BEE? WHERE?! Wait, don't change the subject! Are you saying women can't wreak havoc and take revenge as well as men can?

(pause)

Me: Revenge is an equal opportunity employer, Pat.

Pat: (bursts out laughing) Becca's quote of the day...



Note: Pat really isn't sexist. He just likes to tease me. ^_^