The Scene: It's 1 o'clock in the morning. I'm in the bathroom getting ready for bed, and I make a horrible disocovery. I bounce into the bedroom and hop onto the bed where Bob is already tucked in and reading TIME magazine.

Me: Bob! Guess what I forsee in our immediate future!

Bob: *suspiciously* What?

Me: A trip to the market!

Bob: Like... how immediate?

Me: Oh, like NOW.

Bob: WHAT? Why??

Me: I'm out of tampons.

Bob: You're out of tampons? There are none under the sink? Do we have to go out now?

Me: Yes, I'm totally out! All gone, no more! And yes, we have to go out now! I'm on my last one, and I'm going to need more tomorrow morning!

Bob: Well, how long do those things last?

Me: *I embark on a long lecture about the dangers of Toxic Shock Syndrome* ........so I can't just use one for that long, which means we need to go out NOW! God! And you have to come with me, because I don't want to go all by myself! MAN, I can't even BELIEVE you! "How long do they last" indeed!

Bob: OKAY! I didn't know these TSS things, I don't use tampons!

Me: Okay, let's go! *bouncing around on the bed impatiently*

Bob: *groaning* I can't even believe this. I'll go with you, but damnit Becca, you're buying TWO boxes this time! This is NOT going to happen again!



So..... I am lucky enough to be with an awesome guy who (even though he gives me some shit about running out of tampons at one o'clock in the morning) will crawl out of bed, put his jeans back on, and go with me all the way to the market so I don't have to go alone.

Wow.

How many women can say that?

<3