Resident Evil: Degeneration (2008)
**1/2 out of ****

Because I have a deep, abiding love for zombie movies/games and Resident Evil titles in particular (despite my disappointment in the last live action Resident Evil flick), when I discovered that Capcom had created a CG Resident Evil movie, I immediately popped onto the computer and added it to the good old Netflix queue. So now, because it's been about a trillion years since I added to my list of amateur movie reviews, I'm posting about it!

Premise: Zombies. This time in an airport. Enter the infamous Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield. After escaping the airport, they trace the outbreak to a terrorist organization and suddenly there's a guy who turns himself into a giant monster, and... umm... there were zombies. And stunning CG. Is it my fault I didn't pay attention to the plot?

Really, I don't even know why I'm bothering to review this. If you've played the Resident Evil games, you're going to get a kick out of seeing Leon and Claire running around killing zombies in mind blowing CG. This is hardly a film to showcase phenomenal acting or sharp writing. The plot is sort of incomprehensible (though that may have been because I was half asleep through the last third of the film) and the characters typically one dimensional. But hey! It's not only a movie based on a video game, it's a CG movie based on a video game that was produced by Capcom! You can't expect too much from that!

Confusing plot, poor writing, and over the top voice acting aside, I really enjoyed this flick. Really, my only complaint is that at 97 minutes it felt too long. I could have lived with a shorter version. There is only so much Capcom driven CG zombie/mutant madness I can handle without starting to get a little irritated.

Well, that and I kept reaching for my X-Box 360 controller because I couldn't shake the feeling that this was the new Resident Evil game and the intro was about to end.

Oh, did I mention the neat CG?