I suddenly realize I do have something to write about - my very favorite TV show ever aired, Supernatural! We are going to overlook the fact that this post is mostly pictures, okay?

This post will contain some spoilers, for those who watch and haven't seen the most recent episodes. But first, some Dean pictures (because I can't write about Supernatural without flashing The Most Beautiful Man Alive's face on my blog)!





When the first episode of the fourth season aired, I was beyond excited. My favorite Winchester, dragged out of hell and resurrected by - wait - an angel. The angel Castiel was played to perfection by Misha Collins as a cool, somewhat uncaring being with a complete disregard for humans injured and the body he had possessed. I loved it.

However, during the next few episodes I'll admit I was starting to get concerned about the direction the show was taking. Castiel began talking about the end of days. While I've still enjoyed every single episode I've seen, I'm concerned about the main premise.

The apocalypse? It's been done before. It's been done nearly to death. It's going to take some very creative writing to keep the show as unique and interesting as it's been up to this point. Beyond that, dealing with the apocalypse is a very touchy subject. Stray too far from actual scripture, and you run the risk of making people angry. Stay to close, and you risk making some viewers start thinking of the show as purely religious entertainment.

That being said, I have faith that if any show can walk that fine line, it will be Supernatural.

For the most part, the acting as been absolutely phenomenal. Jensen Ackles has truly been shining (and no, I'm not just saying that because of his stunningly good looks, I promise), especially in the last two episodes I've seen. Jared Padalecki has been good, especially in the last episode, but he has been completely overshadowed by Ackles and his incredible, believable, displays of emotion.

Fortunately the notorious Ruby (still can't remember the actress's name) whom I slammed in my last Supernatural discussion has made only a few appearances, and even then for only a few minutes at a time. I think I'm not the only one who was so disgusted with this replacement actress.

It's Supernatural night tonight - Pat and I will be ensconced in Pat's living room, lights turned low, eyes fixed to the TV from 9PM to 10PM. And I guarantee I won't think about World of Warcraft once.
Well...

Maybe during the commercials.

All in all, aside from my concerns about the main direction of the show, it's been amazing. So far I've been more impressed with this season than the third, and so long as they keep up the good work, this is shaping up to be one of the best seasons in the shows' career.
Oh, and....








What?



I most certainly did NOT blog about Supernatural just so I could search for Dean pictures....



I have no idea why you would think that.