Snakes on a Plane
**1/2 out of ****

So, there's this movie called Snakes on a Plane.

....

No, I'm serious.

Really.

Actually, this movie was better than I expected it to be. Amazing, I know. Although I guess when you have the mafia, a plane, twelve million snakes, and Samuel L. Jackson all in the same movie it's hard to go wrong. ^_^

Basic premise: Kid witnesses mafia boss kill someone. FBI agent Sam Jackson makes him fly from Hawaii to L.A. to tesitify against mafia boss. To kill the witness, mafia smuggles snakes onto the plane. Samuel Jackson saves everbody. Well... sort of. He saves some people.

Taking the ridiculous plot into consideration, the movie was a lot more intense than I expected it to be. Those snakes were not happy. And when you think about being stuck in a plane with a legion of poisonous snakes surrounding you, it's a little alarming. And I'm not kidding, this was a legion. Not a couple here and there, this was like... lots of snakes!




The movie didn't try to take itself too seriously, so the bad script and acting were fine. It's not like you go see a movie called "Snakes on a Plane" looking for Oscar material, ^_^ It was really just a hilarious, somewhat gross, campy horror flick with some intense moments.

I'm trying to think of more to say about the movie, but I'm really not coming up with anything. It wasn't like it required any deep thought or explanation. Just... snakes. On a plane.

With a badass Samuel L. Jackson. ^_^